Sunday, April 3, 2016

Dinner - "The Edge Round 2"

To start off, I've had one hell of a day. Straight chaos. First off I am still hungover from the weekend (great weekend), 2nd I have been breaking and dropping stuff all day. I didn't want to move from my apt which is when I realized I have chicken, corn, ice cream and way over 3 bottles of wine so.. dinner blog round numero dos.

Started off with a nice corn on the cob (but since its not the great corn of NJ (best state in the United States)) I had to cut it off the cob. First cut and all hell started to break loose.



I continued to drop the whole cob on the floor for a second time...

Our app:




A nice Bay Bridge chardonnay, and by nice I mean absolutely horrible; a horrible $2.99 bottle of wine. Very disappointed. It had a musty smell with a very bland flavor. Just blah blah blah. It also had the worst acidity aftertaste. It was such a bad aftertaste to the point where I didn't even want to finish it. It hung around and was very harsh. All around bad wine. Wish I wasn't so broke and could buy better wine (but my tax refund just came in so holla). Idk why I said holla, i hate that word.


Now on to the dinner:


And then my day gets worse:



If you don't know what that is, its one of these shitters:


So yes my day got worse.

But dinner, DELICIOUS:



This though, very nice wine! And only $4.99!! It was a Crane Lake Sangiovese (no idea how to pronounce it but yes, I like it). When I first poured it, a lot lighter than I expected. Very light red that the light when right through. Sniffy Sniff (I hate Gary), delicious smell, very fruity with a hint of cherry and just tons of berries and fruit. Tasted just as good! It filled my whole pallet and tons of taste; cherry, berry goodness. Very impressed for the price. Really delicious.

On to dessert (I am about to explode at this point):


Even with me dying of exstufftion (the act of being too stuffed) , damn did I put down this ice cream. So another $2.99 Bay Bridge bottle except this one is my favorite type of wine, Cabernet Sauvignon. Yes, I was very nervous but hallallua, it was surprisingly good! I knew it from the very beginning. I loved the color! Not too light or dark, looked very appetizing. Had a nice fruity smell and exploded with flavor. Very full and berry/cherry like. Which is WHY i LOVED IT WITH MY ICE CREAM!! (yes mine was the cherry garcia). It meshed perfectly. Literally every time i take a bite i need to sip my wine. DELICIOUS! Brings out the smooth cherry ice cream taste, but it isn't too strong. Very very verrry good!!! I will now always get a bottle of cab when i get cherry garcia!

Great hungover dinner blog day. Until next time, adios.


Ahh shit.. pissed i had to go back and edit this. I forgot to add how my day got worse. My favorite wine glass...



Yep shattered everywhere once dinner was officially ready. I am not setting a date on my calendar to go out and buy a nice ass wine glass (I honestly wanted to go out right now but not a chance I'm under a .08 soo.. yeah didn't happen).

And again adios mothafuckas 

No comments:

Post a Comment