Sunday, February 28, 2016

Tasting - "Cupcake"








Name: Cupcake
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Central Coast, California
Country: USA
Year: N/A
Price: $8.99

Winery Review: "A big, rich wine from California’s Central Coast, our full and elegantly textured Chardonnay has decadent levels of butter, cream, bright citrus and vanilla. These layers melt into a balance of oak and subtle spice. This wine epitomizes the Central Coast’s crisp and vibrant Chardonnay character. We use a malolactic fermentation to impart rich buttery flavor, then leave the wine sur lie to achieve a full, soft body. Aging for nine months in premium American oak barrels enhances the golden color, adds creamy texture, and injects nuances of subtle toasty oak and spice."

My Review: For the price, I really liked this wine! It had a nice crisp taste and really brought flavor into your mouth. It felt very full while also having a light taste. I was intrigued by this wine and will consider buying it again. I basically bought it because I liked the name, which actually worked out for me. I did not eat with this wine but I feel like a piece of cake would have gone well with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment